Friday 24 January 2014

SeaWheeze.


The SeaWheeze.

Seems daunting. 

And it is. At least to me.

If you don't know, the Seawheeze is a half marathon in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Half marathon. Here's the thing. I've never ran a race more than a 5K. Plus, I mostly do intervals when I run anyway. But, somehow, my friend Carla convinced me to do it with her this summer. 

I figured I should look up how long a half marathon actually is. Trusty google never lets me down! It's a little over 21km! As daunting as that is, I still want to do it. Call me crazy! ("You're crazy." - Thanks.) But hey, that's what Lu Lu Lemon is all about. BHAG's - Big Hairy Audacious Goals. 

I can relate to more of these than I'd like to admit.

Luckily, there are two things that make me think I can do this. 1. It's over 7 months away. 2. They have a training plan. Two actually. One for beginners, and one for those in the intermediate level (hard pass). So here's to hoping that this actually works! I'm about to get super out of my comfort zone. But I'm looking at it as a good thing. Wish me luck!

SW_title_banners_SW101

What?

The SeaWheeze half marathon is 21.1km (13.1 miles) of epic sea, sun, and smiles along with tons of yoga and a concert in one of Vancouver’s best parks.

Why?

We are passionate about yoga, running, and community. SeaWheeze brings this all together in one weekend to remember.

Where?

Vancouver, BC, Canada (SeaWheeze central will be at the Vancouver Convention Centre).

When?

August 23, 2014

How much?

Entry for SeaWheeze 2014 is $128 (CAD and inclusive of taxes)

What do I get with my registration?

  • Entry in to the half marathon
  • Entrance in to the Sunset Festival
  • Multiple yoga practices with some of North America’s best teachers
  • SeaWheeze exclusive shorts (only available to participating runners), sent to your door in time for your SeaWheeze training.
  • A SeaWheeze training-based app to support you in your training goals
  • Access to our official yogi and run trainers
  • A fully supported race route with aid, water, and fueling stations
  • Post-race runners’ brunch

RUN.


YOGA.


PARTY.


If you're wondering why I want to do it. Just watch. ;) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }