Tuesday 7 January 2014

Try-It-Tuesday: Mermaid/Wavy Curls!

Hey guys!!!

Today I'm getting a little out of my comfort zone and posting a hair tutorial! I've had quite a few people ask me how I do my hair like this, and one even said I should do a video tutorial. As you wish! Luckily, I've grown up around hair. That sounded weird....What I mean by that is that my mom is a hairdresser and she has taught me her ways well. She's seriously a magician when it comes to hair (among other things)! Plus I used to have a salon in my actual house (How lucky, right!?), so I got to play around with all sorts of products and tools. It was glorious.


This is one of my favourite hairstyles. It doesn't take too long, especially once you get the hang of it, and it looks super effortless and beautiful! It's a great and easy look for parties or anything like that you'll be going to in the near future. It reminds me of being on the beach, but I feel like it can also be quite a fancy look. It all depends how you tweak it. If you hold the piece of hair longer, you'll get more of a tight curl. If you want it to look less "put together", you can hold it for not as long, and don't wrap the hair to the end of the strand! It all depends how you want it to look. But play around with it, and see how you like it! Plus, you can leave it for a few days, and just touch up a few pieces, and it'll still look good. Just grab some dry-shampoo and hairspray - BTW, did you know that dry shampoo also gives you volume?? Yeah, so great.

Here's a few examples of when I've done it!




You can also add a braid, or a twist to your bangs for an even prettier look.


This is how it turned out, after I got all fancy and put some makeup on! :p

Now you can go walk away, feeling like this:


Work it girl.  ;)

xoxo,

Lo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }