Wednesday 19 February 2014

A Little Road Trip and my Favourite Five!

Hello lovely people!!

Hope those of you who have Reading Week right now are living it up! I love not having to worry about school (for the most part....I have 2 take home exams to write, but their really not that bad)! I went to Calgary for the weekend to visit my beautiful aunt and uncle! They are so kind. And hospitable...I love that word for some reason, haha. We all just relaxed together. I got to sleep in, and they made me breakfast (seriously soooo great!), and then we did things like watch movies and sports, go hot tubbing, go to church and hold cute babies, and shopping! It was honestly so relaxing! I'm so grateful. I totally felt lazy though! I'm so not used to it. I always had this nagging feeling that I should be helping to make dinner, and clean up breakfast, and do other things, but for the most part it was already taken care of! That's what happens when there's two momma's in one kitchen! I did try to help out a bit though. Anyway, here's a few photo's from my trip!


As we were driving down, we saw the most beautiful harvest moon! It was big, bright orange and just above the horizon....not that you can tell from this picture. It sort of looked like this, just with a darker background.


On our drive to church, we saw those gorgeous mountains! I seriously love them! And the clear blue sky! Ah, I feel so blessed!



While we were shopping, my Dad and I stopped at La Prep for lunch. Oh my! It was delicious!! I couldn't even finish it all, but I seriously wanted to! Those salads were so fresh, and the panini was so savoury. :) 


I had fun at CrossIron Mills ;)


My Aunt made the tastiest salad when we came home from shopping!! Candied pecans, strawberries, blueberries, romaine lettuce, with a poppyseed dressing. 

We had it with super delicious chicken!


And then, sadly, we said goodbye. :( It was beautiful there though! Those mountains!! Ah, I'm in love with them.


While we were driving out of Calgary, I saw this sign, and it made me smile! I'm glad that people advertise doing good things for others. I know I forget to sometimes when I get so busy!


And before we left, we had to stop at Peter's Drive-In...obvs. It's tradition!


Love it here.


Feel free to watch this riveting round of Head's Up! But seriously though, I LOVE this game! And you gotta give my mom props, she rocked it!

BUT ANYWAY!! Hopefully you didn't get bored of my Calgary photos. It's time for my favourite five!! Woooo!

Favourite Quote:


I don't know the Bible as well as I'd like to, but I do love this scripture. Just trust. :) God has your best interests at heart.

Favourite Truth:


Seriously me sometimes! Haha.

Favourite Treat:


Okay guys, c'mon, how dang good do these sound?! Reese's White Chocolate Brownie Whoopie Pies. Almost as good as these Red Velvet Cheesecake Pancakes! OR these too. :) Find the recipe here

Favourite Man Outfit:


This guy looks fantastic! All I have to say is that more men should dress like this. Or at least get a fitted suit. I think I speak for all women when I say, a fitted suit is dannng attractive.

Favourite Kitchen:


Beauty! A girl can dream, right?


Hope you all are doing well!! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! You are all beautiful people! 


Love,

Lo




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }